About so much!
- If we’re living in a simulation.
- If jobs will still be a thing when AI becomes pervasive.
- If I can maintain a weight of 175 lbs for more than a few weeks without it negatively affecting my mood.
- If cats are really spies for aliens.
- If the president really has anywhere near the influence that people think.
- If beer before liquor will make me sicker (although I’m pretty sure).
- If the sun will rise tomorrow.
There are so many things out there that I’m not 100% certain about. It could be daunting. So knowing what you’re certain about becomes more important. It is the foundation on which those wobbly bricks can be laid. That stability is priceless.
- I love my children.
- Gravity is pretty consistent on this planet.
- Tough times are going to show up but I can figure them out.
- Good times don’t last forever but they don’t stay away forever either.
- I’m not the best at anything except for being me.
- Soccer is the best sport on the planet.
- There are people out there who love me and generally I know who they are.
- Han Solo was right, knowing your odds almost never helps.
- I can handle more than I realize.
- Most people are mostly good but mostly act in their own interest the most, MOSTLY.
- Mike Birbiglia is a great comedian.
This is not an exhaustive list and some of them are mainly there for comic relief. This world is filled with both certainty and uncertainty and we need both. A life of full certainty is boring but total uncertainty would be maddening. Mostly they are choices though. People doubt things all the time that are “self-evident” to others. My metric for this level of belief is whether or not it serves me.
Since my general message is self-empowerment, I implore you to believe in yourself. Not that you can handle anything but that you can handle most things that life brings to you. It’s going to serve you much better than the opposite.
I’m pretty certain about that!